Yalantis is a company that has been developing and supplying high-quality, stable, and functional digital products for 13 years. Yalantis is a technology leader in mobile development as we create open source solutions that are used by Xiaomi, TripAdvisor, Discord, Pinterest: github.com/Yalantis
Right now, we are looking for a Team Lead Android to assume a leading role on the US fintech project.
The project is an innovative fintech product that allows you to create and manage accounts for entities and persons.
Here are a few facts about it:
- Yalantis has developed a product from scratch;
- the product has received a B round investment, and the project has been running since 2018, there are hundreds of thousands of real users;
- the team is expanding rapidly, in half a year the team has tripled: today there are 120 people
- Chief Designer Louis Vuitton was involved in the rebranding of the app.
- works according to our time zone;
- is dead set on the development of the product, as he does not believe in MVP, he is ready to invest in complex, challenging technical solutions;
- 14 Middle and Senior Android developers;
- The project is divided into 4 functional sub-teams;
- Each sub-team has a service Tech Lead.
- Each team consists of a Back-end developer, a Frontend developer, a Mobile (iOS + Android) developer, QA, BA, and PM
- Teams work under Scrum following all ceremonies within a two-week sprint.
The technology stack used on the project:
Kotlin, Kotlin Coroutines, MVVM + Clean + ViewBinding, Koin, Realm, Retrofit + Okhttp, Firebase services
The reason why the position is being opened:
The team has experienced the rapid growth of the project, so we need to have a “fresh” look at the processes, architectural approach, and global solutions in Android expertise. Working with the code will take 40% of the time, and 60% will be devoted to technical leadership
Growth Potential: a Lead of the Android Department within the company.
What you’ll help us do:
- Participate in making technical decisions and implementing global initiatives on the project: we have already embedded UI testing, transferred the architecture from MVP to MVVM, the next step is to work on dividing the project into a modular architecture;
- Assist in knowledge-sharing among team members, move the community of Android developers forward within the project/ company (interviewing/creating road maps for particular groups of people)
- Lead a big team of developers and encourage them to add new features production, complete proposed initiatives, contribute application improvements:
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Control delivery of fully functioning and tested code of the product (code reviews, unit-tests, e2e tests, etc.)
Here’s the experience that may help you to do the job:
- 5+ years of experience in the Android native development
- Deep understanding of Java / Kotlin language
- Experience with design patterns (MVVM, Clean Architecture), competence in OOP and SOLID
- Strong knowledge of designing and architecting complex and reusable systems
- Experience with multithreading (RxJava 2/Coroutines)
- Experience with dependency injection (Dagger2/Hilt/Koin)
- Experience with android networking (Retrofit/OkHttp)
- Experience with Gradle multi-flavors, multi-module apps design
- Experience with Android Architecture components
- Strong experience with a custom view, with Android animations (Canvas, MotionLayout, Lottie, etc.)
- Knowledge about CI/CD systems.
- Understanding of Mobile Development Life Cycle
- Experience with different types of Tests (Unit/Instrumental)
- Intermediate level of English or higher
These skills will also come in handy:
- Knowledge about different architecture patterns MVVM, MVP, MVI
- Experience in working with Dynamic features and module division of a project
What you’ll get from working with us:
- social packages ( 21 paid vacation days , 5 paid sick leaves, 10 days with a medical certificate)
- medical insurance
- sport compensation + discounts to a local fitness center
- opportunities for professional growth and support for skills development, as the company is growing fast, new positions are being created
- full reimbursement of certification
- education compensation
- team buildings and corporate activities
- the best networking opportunities with international clients
- knowledge-sharing atmosphere
- full financial and legal support for private entrepreneurs
We expect our future colleagues to have a strong technical background and take an active part in the development of a world-class product by proposing the best possible solutions. If it’s about you, please, send your CV to email@example.com
Yalantis accepts recommendations for all vacancies under the referral program both for cooperation in the Dnipro and Kyiv, and also for remote work from any city of Ukraine. You can receive a financial reward in case of a successful recommendation, and we will reinforce our great team. You can recommend your candidate here: bit.ly/2MIO1JN