RevJet (www.revjet.com) is looking for a Database Administrator to work with the world-known RevJet Creative Management Platform. The platform brings unprecedented sophistication and power to each and every ad creative discipline including DCO, personalization, audience management, workflow, approvals, rich case-study visualization, experimentation, and effortless self-optimizing performance competitions.
Your responsibilities will be divided as follows:
Support (75% of time)
- Helping build production-grade systems based on ClickHouse: advise how to design schemas, plan clusters etc. Environments range from single node setups to clusters with 100s of nodes
- Working with the community — GitHub, Stack Overflow, Telegram
Research and development (25% of time)
- Studying new usage patterns, ClickHouse functions, & integration with other products.
- Working on infrastructure projects related to ClickHouse
- Improving ClickHouse itself — fixing bugs, improving docs, creating test-cases, etc.
Candidates need to meet the following qualifications:
- Expert SQL knowledge for one of: ClickHouse (preferred), MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Strong Linux shell skills / bash scripting skills
- Experience with running production-grade systems
- Technical English writing and speaking skills
- Docker self-defense skills
- Basic knowledge of distributed system concepts and big data technology stacks
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, C++, Java, Go)
- University degree (IT/math) or equivalent experience.
The following additional qualifications are a significant plus:
- Kubernetes knowledge and operating experience
- Experience with big data stack components like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Nifi, ...
- Experience with data science/data analysis
- Knowledge of SRE / DevOP stacks — monitoring/system management tools (Prometheus, Ansible, ELK, ...)
- Version control using git
- Handling support calls from customers using ClickHouse. This includes diagnosing problems connecting to ClickHouse, designing applications, deploying/upgrading ClickHouse, and operations;
- Support engineers need to be ace puzzle-solvers who can figure out what problem the user is encountering, diagnose the root cause(s), and propose solutions;
- Researching new technology, working on ClickHouse-related side projects, and fixing Clickhouse itself.